Sunday, September 8, 2013

Employed!

I was offered a job this week. I will be a key worker at a transitional housing facility in town. It will basically combine my employment at KGM. Part of the job will consist of being a presence in the building with the other part doing some casework with ten individuals. The goal of the casework is to help and individual advance toward independent housing. I am excited to get to work.

I am very pleased. It is nice to know that I have an income and employment that is advantageous to my schedule in what I am seeking to accomplish in the next few years. It is nice to be a financially productive member of the household again. Very pleased.

The only downside is that it will be shift work. Back to evenings. The nice thing is that it rotates between days and evenings so I will not always be gone at inconvenient times. All in all it isn't the worst downside.

Our summer is slowly dwindling. The evenings are starting to cool down and the mornings are chili. Being directly in the sun is still hot and the beach is still an option but it is not scorching throughout the day which I find quite pleasant. With the change in season I am hoping that we will actually have some time to be at home. We haven't had a day at home since we moved in. It is nice to be busy but I do look forward to slowing down, getting into a routine, and knowing what to expect from the time I have.

I have some things planned for the fall that I would like to accomplish that include making my own beer, bread, and sauerkraut. I'd also love to be able to read a few books outside of school. I've been feeling really guilty lately because I have not been reading at all. I went from reading daily to reading nothing and I don't have the discipline right now to get back into it. I really hope it does not continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment