Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Music Monday

Its Monday enough people.

I don't have much time to post as school is now in full swing and I get to spend my days reading and writing other things.

So far I have been learning a lot about Freud and his world. I found that it is too easy to bash Freud for having some nutty ideas but after reading about the context he lived in I find him to be interesting. The truth of the matter is that Freud didn't really have a lot of data to back up his theories and the reason for this is that there was no data. He theorized the best he could with what he had paving the way for others to do more work in the field (although he thought his theory was definitive). His theories were also a response to the culture. His theory suggested that there must be a meeting place between the higher man from the Renaissance and the man driven by instinct from Darwin's theory of natural selection.

For music today we have a heavy hitter from Music Monday's past. In fact I posted one of these fellow's songs before it was even called Music Monday. This is Beirut with their song Nantes.



Until next time, resolve your Oedipus complex's

EDO

No comments:

Post a Comment