Monday, November 11, 2013

Music Monday

Hi. Welcome back.

Well. I've got a real doozy for you this week. I said that I would post what I've been listening to and this time its a real doozy.

Boiler room is a youtube presentation that features DJs doing their thing. It is based in the UK and has many videos. I randomly stumbled on to it because I saw Thom York featured. Then I saw more and more names that I recognized. I listened through Four Tet, DJ Shadow, Thom York and finally Bonobo. Though others put in some interesting sets (especially DJ Shadow), Bonobo was the most fun to listen to. I really enjoyed the entire 50 minutes of the show.

My favourite part of the video is watching the 30 to 40 minute mark when everyone in the room realizes that they have been doing the same movements for the past 30 to 40 minutes and begin to tire. Musically I love the first 4 to 5 minutes. This set has been my constant study companion this week. Whether it is reading or writing I find it very beneficial.

Here he is: Bonobo




Until next time, keep your nobo bo.

EO

1 comment:

  1. I saw DJ Shadow perform in Seattle a month or so ago. He is very good. One other DJ I like alot is Shpongle. Try Star Sphongled Banner.

    ReplyDelete