Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Whirlwind

The past ten days have been exceptionally busy for both of us. I have been taking care of business in Kelowna and am now on the brink of my Alaskan adventures for this year. Ashley is in Australia exploring and enjoying the northern scenery. We have been so busy that we have only spoken to each other twice in ten days. It has been a bit of a switch going from seeing each other every day to not.

There have been many adjustments in the past week; traveling to not, accompaniment to none, reading to not, free time to responsibilities, etc. It is all in transition. One thing I am happy about is that I feel neither regret nor grief towards any of it. I am content to have experienced what I have and to be where I am now.

Six months is a long time. We traveled far and long and accomplished every goal that we set out to do. I did not go on this trip to find myself but I did find out about myself. I found more about what I value, my strengths, and my shortcomings. I am very thankful to have had so many opportunities in life. I return more experienced and more resolute to live a mindfully and responsibly.

Here's to the future...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, and thank you for the blog and your writings!

    ReplyDelete