Sunday, April 14, 2013

Photo Update

I have noticed that Erik hasn't been posting photos. If you are anything like me photos hold your attention longer than words. And if you aren't like me, then I hope you still enjoy photos. In any case, a good balance of both is generally appreciated. I do not have Erik's gift of words so I will briefly share what each photo is of.

This first photo is from our trek in Chiang Mai, Thailand (see original post here). Erik was enjoying a shower in an extremely cold waterfall.
Near Chiang Mai
This next photo is from Luang Prabang in Laos. I actually have nothing to say about it.
Luang Prabang, Laos
And here we have the only temple we visited in Luang Prabang. It was incredibly beautiful with intricate paintings on all the walls. We were told it is the only temple like this and that the paintings were covered up for a long while before being rediscovered in the recent past.
Luang Prabang, Laos
This photo was taken in Muang Noi, Laos. Erik was playing cards with a few girls who invited themselves over to our bungalow. The game consisted of picking an arbitrary number of cards and placing them in a pile. I think the key to the game was to giggle uncontrollably while placing said cards on the pile.
Muang Noi, Laos
We just spent a week in Siem Reap. We meant to stay for three or four days, but we were enjoying ourselves so we decided to extend the visit. To put it simply, we found excellent food and wanted to keep eating it. We spent three days visiting the temples in the area. They were big and beautiful! We attempted to bike the first day, but only made it as far as Ankgor Wat (about five km from our hostel) before we decided that was enough exercise. It was HOT! We took a tuk tuk the next two days and it was still hot and exhausting, but we didn't have to pedal ourselves around so it was much more enjoyable. All that to show you this next photo. I sadly can't even tell you which temple this was at, they have all become a bit of a blur.
Siem Reap Cambodia
These were a couple monkeys that entertained us while we were taking a snack break at Angkor Wat.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
And another temple I cannot name. It may be Pre Rup, or something of the sort. Forgive me, but we saw so many and there weren't any signs to tell us which we were at. I do remember that this one has elephant statues at each of the four corners and there were so many stairs to climb.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We saw this little lady at Ta Phrom. She was playing around the ruins while her mother swept and worked. I have been missing the presence of children in my life so I enjoyed watching her scamper around without a care in the world. She was very sweet.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
And that, dear friends, is all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley! Your photos continue to be the most beautiful things I have ever seen! Absolutely stunning my dear. I'm dying to know what lens you have on your camera.

    With love and snuggles,
    p-dizzle.

    ReplyDelete