Thursday, January 31, 2013

Adjusting

The last week has been very interesting for me. It has been over a month since traveling. Over a month since going to any type of employment. Over a month of planning my days to solely revolve around seeing sights, eating and keeping entertained. It has required a bit of adjustment.

I have been feeling restless and ill-content during the day time especially on days when we are sitting around the hostel. My ill-content comes from a feeling of not being productive. There is no real work to be done or stimulus to bring a worth-while challenge to the day. Some days I feel that I am just killing time between meals and sleep.

I expected to feel this in some capacity as I am used to working full-time. I am excited for our time on the coast in Ecuador as I plan to surf which will be a new challenge. Other times are more challenging due to setting and events. I have a few ideas as to how to address this but it will be interesting to see what other thoughts and feelings will arise due to full time travel. It will also be interesting to see the adjustment getting back to the non travel life.

1 comment:

  1. I bet adjustment back into real life will be hard.

    It is interesting that the adjustment into the traveling life has had its own difficulties, though it makes sense when one really stops to ponder. On the surface it seems like it would be so thrilling that there wouldn't be any issue, but yes . . . we are creatures of habit. We like our little niches and it makes sense to want challenges and a feeling of accomplishment. So interesting to think about.

    ReplyDelete